Thriving in a Family Photoshoot with Sarah Creal Photography, the best Lawton photographer
How to make your next family photo session a stress-free one.
Family pictures are truly timeless and are such a great keepsake for future generations. Perfect portraits CAN turn into chaos if not approached correctly. There is usually a lot more to consider when it comes to a family photoshoot since there are members of all ages, which means that there is some extra coordination involved.
Below are some family photoshoot ideas and tips to keep you and your loved ones calm and smiling the whole way through.
- Timing is everything. If you have younger children involved in the shoot, try and make sure they get a nap before the session with your Richmond family photographer. A rested child makes for happy family pics. On that note, make sure that all family members have gotten enough sleep the night before as this helps with the fun and relaxation aspects of the session.
- Dos and don’ts of bribery. Get your family excited about our photo session instead of offering a reward in return for their cooperation. This tends to lead to forced smiles and an irritated bunch of people. If you do have small children coming along, it’s not a bad idea to give your best RVA photographer some bribery options in the form of toys or small food items to make those difficult moments a little easier.
- Relinquish control. As much as you’ll want to direct your children on where to stand and how to pose, it’s best to leave that to me. I know what works best. Not having this pressure will also make you feel more relaxed.
- It’s not just about the posing. The best family photos with the best Oklahoma photographer happen when you’re having fun! Joke and play with your children, hold your partner’s hand and just let the moments happen.
- Plan ahead. Discuss all of your requests with your photographer beforehand so that the family photo session can just flow. Let your Virginia photographer know if you want specific pictures taken.
- Keep those sugar levels up. If everyone is well fed, the photoshoot will also run a lot smoother. It’s also not a bad idea to take a few snacks and some water along for those who might need it, but make sure they’re not colored candies.
Let’s enjoy capturing your memories and have a blast doing family photos! Click here for my recommendations on how to have family photos where your kids look happy!